Feng Shui is a way of life. One of the most important aspects it covers is Health and well being. What better application than Food; for our mind and body is affected by the food we eat.
It is very important therefore that special care should be taken as to what you eat, how it is prepared and how well it is served.
Food is categorized as Yang and Yin foods. Nature’s basket is full of foods to bring about a Yin Yang balance in our diet.
Yang is the heating masculine force generating heat and energy. Yang foods create bounce and prepare for productive activities. On the other hand yin is the feminine force; cooling soothing and calming. Yin foods create laze and restfulness they also assist fight stress.
In order to balance health totally food should be consumed according to lifestyle and activity; besides it should also be balanced say a Yang lunch should be followed by a Yin dinner.
Yang Foods- The Fuel
Soups, Broths, Pepper, Brown Sugar, Butter, Cheese, Honey, Tofu, Chicken, Eggs, Red Meats, Garlic, Onions, Spices, oil, Fat, Walnuts, Peanuts, Coffee, Lobsters, Wines.
Yin Foods- The Coolants
Neutral Foods- Accompaniments
Breads, Lean Meats, Rice, Milk
The Process of cooking can transform food. At times the same food can be Yin or Yang according to the process of cooking followed.
The Process of steaming, boiling and poaching is Yin, whereas frying; stir frying and roasting is Yang
The Colors play an important role in making food appealing; food can be planned in varieties of combinations.
The dishes and decor enhances appetite and assists digestion.
The Ambiance where the food is eaten is also very important. A pleasantly well lit dining area; comfortable and tastefully furnished is a joyful place for family gatherings and bonding.
- A fruit bowl with nine oranges is a mood lifter; it boosts appetite, use it at parties to avoid leftovers.
- Fresh flowers displayed on the dining table make the atmosphere pleasant.
- Square and rectangular tables are functional; whereas a round or oval table is festive.
- Dining chairs in even numbers are considered lucky.
- A mirror reflecting a dining area doubles happiness.
- A cross beam running across a dining table oppresses wealth.
- A dining table visible from the main entrance invites unexpected guests; it also keeps everybody hungry.
Place a crystal bowl with some sweets or chocolates on the dining table it brings joy.