Years ago I visited the rose garden in a north Indian state in the peak of summer; goes without saying given the extreme heat in this region; I was sadly disappointed. What I saw was rather scary. The rose bushes looked like a mangle of thorns. It gave an extremely sad feeling; more so because I expected to see it otherwise. It sure was not negligence on part of maintenance but simply a natural cycle of season.
This led me to think; the flora and fauna of a home should be chosen carefully and be kept in good maintenance; selection of plants that bloom all year round and trees that sustain on ground water is important. This so explains that we must stop felling trees immediately; treating them as our treasure. Allowing natural vegetation to co-exist with us is for our benefit. Spending time with Nature is grounding and calming.
Wood products should be maintained and sparingly used and wood by products like paper should be recycled.
Avoiding plastic packing and conserving paper leaves us the option of going back in time and think of the good old cloth bags.
Conservation of Nature is the only way of life. It is mutually productive and directly related to our lives.
A Green Planet is our way to nurture our Abode.
A thought about some things we can contribute
- Plant as many trees as you can
- Support groups opposing felling of trees
- Animal life and bird sanctuaries need our care and attention
- Believe in recycling goods made of natural materials
- Create awareness in children about Nature Conservation
- Encourage children to go on treks and Geographical Tours
- Show compassion towards stray animals
- Include Program’s to support natural conservation in all community activities
- Domestic kitchen waste can be successfully recycled in your own garden
- Create your own ‘Best from Waste’ goods
- Take long walks in natural environment, soak in as much as you can
Tags: Allowing natural vegetation to co-exist, Animal life, Avoiding plastic packing, Believe in recycling, Best from Waste goods, bird sanctuaries, bloom all year round, care and attention, community activities, compassion towards stray animals, Conservation of Nature, conserving paper, Create awareness in children, Domestic kitchen waste, environment, extreme heat in this region, felling trees, good old cloth bags, goods made of natural materials, Green Planet is our way to nurture our Abode, Health of Trees, long walks in natural environment, natural cycle of season, Nature Conservation, Nature is grounding and calming, opposing felling of trees, our treasure, peak of summer, planting trees, plants, recycled, rose bushes, rose garden, selection of plants, soak in Nature as much as you can, Support groups, support natural conservation, the flora and fauna, trees that sustain on ground water, treks and Geographical Tours, way of life, wood by products like paper, Wood products