Feng Shui principles believe in living in harmony with the natural elements of your surroundings. The more in tune your home is with Nature the better is the Feng Shui of your life. Remaining closer to the natural flow of things you will enjoy better health and happiness.
It’s all about balance and was meant to be that way; the natural order of things has basic five elements and every aspect of life can be compared to these and measured. For instance the element of wood is provided by the flora and fauna in our environment; if these are insufficient then we rely on the color green or wooden objects. The balance of the element of Fire is provided by sunshine in the absence of which we have lights, fire place or the kitchen fire. The Earth element is the home itself the most grounding factor in our lives. The other elements like Water and Metal are generally available to us in their natural forms as jewelry or artifacts and water bodies or images of it.
The laws of Nature believe in fairness; for every give there is taking. Matter may simply transform as we know but the essence remains the same. The ‘Chi’ factor the most important life force energy rests in all around us; with us included. For every mud mound you create there is a pit dug somewhere.
Speaking of ecological balance; for every structure we build whether it is mud, stone and concrete or wood we are digging into natural resources and transforming them into our dwelling.
The local cultural beliefs associate certain rituals performed before construction, or felling of trees used in the process as a mark of respect towards Nature. It’s time we take note and give back to Nature what we draw from it. Say ‘Each one plant one’ or restricting the use of wood, looking for alternates, for it is our responsibility to maintain the balance. Global warming and related issues are now to be dealt with on war footing.
Strange but true; we could always switch back to the bicycle, or the traditional sloping roofs to keep homes cooler. Eating fresh raw or lightly cooked foods can be healthier and save on packing and processing; besides they need less fuel to cook too. We need to take the responsibility ‘Now’ to equate the highs and lows in life. This Earth is our home.
- Following traditional natural healing methods using native wisdom
- Using bio fuel
- Car pooling, minimizing use of private transport wherever possible
- Restricting the use of plastic, cans etc.
- Conserving electricity
- Recycling natural waste
- Using solar energy, for heaters, cooking and other house hold gadgets
- Imbibing in our children the love for Nature
- Supporting bio friendly endeavors
- Saving paper
- Restricting the use of gadgets, use the appropriate size to cut electricity consumption
- Planting more trees, smaller lawns and more plants and trees. Use bird baths to attract birds they support eco-balance
- Encouraging construction of parks, water bodies in urban areas
- Living healthy life, walk where you can it is healthier, use bicycles for local commuting needs
- Having your own kitchen garden, and bartering your produce with fellow neighbors
- Every township should be self sufficient to avoid transportation of goods and save fuel
- De-centralizing industries to control pollution and generating livelihood to local population.
- Relying on cottage industries and appreciating environment friendly goods
- Conserve water by good plumbing and proper storage of water; water waste from the kitchen is excellent for watering a garden
- Keeping beaches and natural water bodies clean
- Avoid wastage of food
- Donate old winter wear and warm clothing for recycling
Tags: artifacts, associate rituals, attract birds, Avoid wastage of food, Balance of Nature, bartering your produce with fellow neighbors, basic five elements, believe in fairness, birds support eco-balance, cans, Car pooling, Conserve water, Conservingelectricity, controlpollution, cooking, De-centralizing industries, digging into natural resources, Donate old winter wear, Eating fresh raw or lightly cooked foods, ecological balance, element of Fire, element of wood, Encouraging construction of parks, enjoy better health and happiness, environment friendly goods, felling of trees, Feng Shui of your life, Feng Shui principles, fire place, for heaters, generate livelihood to local population, Global warming, good plumbing, Having your own kitchen garden, house hold gadgets, in the absence of sunshine, in tune with Nature, keep homes cooler, Keeping beaches and natural water bodies clean, life force energy, lights, Living healthy life, living in harmony, looking for alternates, love for Nature, mark of respect towards Nature, Matter simply transforms, minimizing use of private transport, mud, natural elements, natural flow of things, need less fuel to cook, performed before construction, Planting more trees, plants and trees, proper storage of water; water waste, Recycling natural waste, recycling warm clothing, Relying on cottage industries, Restricting the use of gadgets, Restricting the use of plastic, restricting the use of wood, save on packing and processing, Saving paper, smaller lawns, stone and concrete, sunshine, Supporting bio friendly endeavors, the bicycle, the color green, The Earth element, the essence remains the same, the flora and fauna in our environment, the home is grounding factor in our lives, the kitchen fire, The laws of Nature, The local cultural beliefs, the traditional sloping roofs, traditional natural healing methods, use bicycles for local commuting needs, Use bird baths, Using bio fuel, using native wisdom, Using solar energy, walk, war footing, Water and Metal, water bodies, watering a garden, wood, wooden objects, ‘Chi’ factor, ‘Each one plant one’